12/18/2010

QUOTE : English Language

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


"In our language there is no word
to say inferior or superiority or equality
because we are equal; it's a known fact.


But life has become very complicated
since the newcomers came here.
And how does your spirit react to it?.

It's painful.
You have to be strong to walk through the storm.
I know I'm a bridge between two worlds.
All I ask is for people to wash their feet
before they try to walk on me."

-- Alanis Obomsawin, ABENAKI


For native people who speak their language, English can be very confusing.
Many times you cannot express in English the true meaning of Indian words.
When we hear something in English we sometimes react or our spirit reacts.
Sometimes we need to use English words out of order to express our true meanings.

We need to be patient and pray.
Living in two worlds can be difficult.
Life is painful sometimes.
The pain of life is where the lessons are learned.

Creator, let me learn the lessons You have taught my people.

Elder's Meditation of the Day - December 13
http://www.whitebison.org/meditation/index.php





. My QUOTES with HAIKU


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

. . . Read my Haiku Archives 2010

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

No comments:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .