11/28/2008

kitsune

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


bright daylight -
a fox peeks into my
living room


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


I had just settled for a cup of tea when I saw some ears outside. Both cats were in the kitchen sleeping, so who could it be? Most probably a stray cat to chase away.

When I opened the door-window, a small fox was standing outside, looking at me in wonder just as I looked at him. He did not even run away, but seemed to ask "Care to feed me something?"

After quite a while he turned away, walked leisurely over to the staircase and to the upper part of our garden. With a final look back and giving me a kind nod he disappeared in the underbrush.


WHOW ... I sure hope to see this visitor again !



We have seen foxes around in the late evening and hear them in the nearby woods.



FOX ... a kigo for all winter


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


Fotos and Haiku from Tom Maretic, thanks TOM!!


a young urban fox --
there is already friendship
in our meetings


fox's voice
in the night ... inspires
a new story


foxtmaretic


fox03


fox02



:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


. . . Read my Haiku Archives 2008


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Gabi.

I also saw a fox in my backyard:

A fox
circles my backyard...
urinates. :(

Zhanna

Anonymous said...

lovely Gabi, thanks for the explaination. I can't help but wonder if this one was sick though because they don't usually come out in daylight, do they?
Never-the-less, a wonderous encounter... oh to see a fox looking in your door.
K.E.

Anonymous said...

This is one of the best haiku I've read in a long time, Gabi-san!
R.W.

Anonymous said...

very nice Gabi, shuu, I wish that I could have met her
G.M.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful experience, Gabi. That must have been VERY exciting.

Before reading your prose, I was trying to figure out the kigo. 'bright daylight' made me think ofsummer, but I wasn't sure about 'fox'. So wrong again! Another one of those kigo that make me scratch my head.
S.

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of Alexander McCall Smith's "Isabel Dalhousie" mystery novels--she has one that she calls "Brother Fox" who occasionally peers in her window. Brother Fox is my favorite character in series.
L.P.

Anonymous said...

gr8 ku
i love foxes
we have lots of them
C.O.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this moment very much, Gabi san --
so unexpected!
L.C.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, clear write. The original is pristine. Thanks for sharing the moment.
D.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .